We’re in that time of year when we will be struggling colds and catching the flu from other people…. on the train, at work, at home, at school… everywhere!!
As I’m typing this, I’m sniffling away showing early signs of the common cold, so I thought I’d share with you some remedies to fight off the cold before it really takes hold!
- Hot turmeric milk – I swear by this! You simply pour some milk into a saucepan and put it on gentle heat. Add a small amount of turmeric to it and some sugar for taste if you like (you can also add honey – I choose not to as I don’t like honey… don’t judge me!). Keep stirring until the milk is hot and pour into a mug – you’ll need to keep stirring it as you drink it or the turmeric will settle at the bottom. I drink this each evening when I have a cold, or can feel the cold coming on, to fight it away.
- Lemon and ginger tea – you can buy lemon and ginger teabags – these help sooth the throat
- If you don’t like strong tastes, just keep drinking hot water consistently during the day (instead of cold water)
- Gargle hot water and salt – this will help relieve a sore throat
- Vitamin C is very effective
- Make sure you are well rested! Sleep. Work from home if your job allows you to so you’re not surrounded by other ill people (and you’re not passing your germs around to them!) and just spend a day or 2 in the comfort of your own home.
These are just some remedies that I always do when I have a cold!
Do you have any remedies that you swear by? Leave a comment below and don’t forget to follow my blog and other socials for more from me!